Barbara S. Ford, LPC, NCC, CTRI.
- Add: 2014 – Master’s Graduate Regent University
- 1978 – Graduate Southern Seminary Junior College, Buena Vista, VA
- 1980 – Graduate Old Dominion University, BA History, Norfolk, VA
- 1970’s – 4-H Horse Club member
- 1980’s – 4-H Horse Judging Leader
- 1980’s – Therapeutic Riding Instructor for the 4-H Therapeutic Program (PERT)
- Legal secretary for both civilian and the US Navy (Norfolk and NAS Oceana) for over thirteen years specializing in Domestic Law and Adoptions.
- 1986 Graduate – Cheff Center for the Handicapped, August, Michigan
- 1989 – June 2010 – Founder and Executive Director – EQUI-KIDS Therapeutic Riding Program, Virginia Beach, VA
- June 2010 – 2014 – Owner Forward Motion Farm LLC, a blended equine community in Virginia Beach, VA
Awards and Certifications:
- 1995 obtained PATH, Intl. (formerly the North American Riding for the Handicapped Association) Certification as a Registered Instructor
- 2005 – Recipient of James Brady Professional Achievement Award – PATH, Intl.
- 2005 – Recipient of 2005 Friend of Agriculture Award – City of Virginia Beach
- 2006 – Certificate of Non Profit Management – Tidewater Community College/The Norfolk Foundation Workforce Development
- 2009 – Recipient of National Volunteer Leadership Award – PATH, Intl.
- 2010 – Recipient of the Community Legends Award – Northern Virginia Therapeutic Riding Program
- Current Member of PATH, International, TRAV (Therapeutic Riding Association of Virginia), ACA (American Counseling Association)
- Former Board Member – Therapeutic Riding Association of Virginia (TRAV)
- Former Member – Community Animal Response Team (CART) of Chesapeake
- Former Member – PATH, Intl. Center Advancement Committee